This new year is off to a great start with lots of opportunities. We want to invite you to the upcoming LDS Technology Workshop, a virtual event on Monday, January 29, 2024, from 10:00 to 15:35 (CET). This workshop, organized by the European Language Data Space (LDS) and promoted by the European Commision, promises a deep dive into legislation and regulation shaping the data landscape, fostering data sharing, and propelling AI development.
- Date and Time: Monday, January 29, 2024, 10:00 – 15:35 (CET)
- Location: Online Only
- Language: English
Discover how EU lawmakers are paving the way for a European data market through legal instruments stemming from the European Commission’s Strategy for Data. The workshop will provide a comprehensive overview of adopted and upcoming regulations, including the Digital Services Act, Data Act, Data Governance Act, GDPR, and the Artificial Intelligence Act. Understand the interplay between these legal instruments, their impact on Data Spaces, Artificial Intelligence, and their influence on the data economy.
– Gain insights into the principles of EU digital single market legislation applicable to data spaces.
– Explore the implications of data regulation for participants in data spaces.
– Delve into technology solutions addressing data protection, including voice anonymization, pseudonymization of speech data, and medical information anonymization.
– Explore real-world use case implementations, from anonymization of court decisions to addressing privacy in large language and translation models.
– Learn how the legal framework can be leveraged to facilitate the European economy, with a focus on the Common European Language Data Space.
Experts and professionals from renowned institutions including Leona King Legal Researcher at KU Leuven Centre for IT & IP Law (CiTiP) and contributing in DSSC; Charles University in Prague, speakers from European Commission and Mistral AI will share their knowledge and insights.
Engage in a lively Q&A session where your needs and concerns will be addressed by industry experts.
Don’t miss this opportunity to connect with the latest developments in legislation and technology shaping the data landscape. Mark your calendars and join us online for an enriching experience!